Open Enrollment Course “The nuts and bolts of startup creation and funding”
October 14 - October 16€660
Have you developed a startup or planning to create a new company and looking for venture capital funding?
Join ‘’The nuts and bolts of startup creation and funding ‘’ to learn the theoretical framework and the practice of a successful startup creation and funding!
Today, startups are a key contributor to the new technology development, innovation advancement and job creation. Despite this, only 1% out of the total startups are accessing venture capital funding.
On this open course you will learn the key theoretical background and practice to help you successfully start a new company and access venture capital funding for its development.
• Reed a few articles related to key theoretical background and tools.
• Build some initial ideas about your founding need and strategy, if you already have founded a company or about a your business idea if you are planning to launch a new company
Day 1 – Building a healthy foundation for a new startup
• The formation of the founding team.
• Organisational culture.
• Developing the right skill set.
• Addressing a big problem.
• Strategic positioning.
Day 2 – In the quest for value creation
• Strategy building.
• Value creation, lean startup.
• Growth strategy and go to market strategy.
• Strategy execution.
Day3 – Funding your startup
• Planning for funding, modelling company valuation.
• Understanding VC modus operandi.
• Engaging in negotiation, term sheet, due diligence, shareholders agreement.
• Pitch deck development and pitching investors.
At the end of the session you will be pitching your idea or startup to a panel of investors
Vlad Panait is a former C. Level Executive within Heineken & Philips, in international roles. His academic experience includes an EMBA, a Postgraduate Diploma Advanced Management and Leadership Program @ RSM, Erasmus University.
Cristian Negruțiu is a former C Level Executive within Cadbury & DSV Cross functional experience on supply chain & finance. His academic experience includes double degrees in economics and law, EMBA @ University of Sheffield, PhD candidate.
Vlad Sarca has had 2 exits from his previous businesses, expanding one of his companies in over 10 EU countries and the Middle East. He has 15 years of practical experience in international expansion, strategy formation and execution, human resources, finance and marketing. His academic experience inclused a Postgraduate Diploma in Strategy and Innovation Said Business School, University of Oxford, and he is a candidate at Executive MBA Kellogg-WHU.
Sergiu Gîdei has expertise particularly in corporate & commercial, M&A, technology, telecom, insolvency, real estate, consumer protection and international tax structuring. His previous experience at D&B David si Baias SCA (correspondent law firm of PwC Romania) and his academic experience includes a degree from the Law School of University of Bucharest – Master in Business Law.
- Alexandru Govoreanu, co-founder & CEO Questo, 14 Oct
- Alexander Stoica, co-founder & CSO Flaminjoy, 15th of Oct
- Diana Seredenciuc, co-founder & CEO Bankata, 16th of Oct
Investors panel (tbc)
AUDIENCE: aspiring and existing start-up founders, with 5+ years of prior business experience, as the content focuses on expanding on concepts you should have used prior to the course.
What’s the value for you and your startup ?
After the completion of this program you will be able to:
- Understand the core elements of building a successful founding team.
- Develop a compelling positioning, value proposition and growth strategy.
- Successfully translate strategy into operational plans.
- Understand key principle of venture capital funding.
- Develop your pitch deck for investors pitching.
- Pitch your startup in the front of selected investors.
WHEN: 14 – 16 October 2022
Daily Schedule: 14:00-21:00 Friday, 09:00 – 16:00 Saturday & Sunday.
WHERE: BISM Romania HQ, 99 Dacia Blvd, 3rd floor.
TUITION FEE: 660 eur (does not include VAT)
DISCOUNTS: 5% for 2 people, 10% for 3 or more from the same company; 10% NRCC s and Erudio members, 25% for RBL members, 30% for BISM (MsM Romania) students and alumni
To enroll in this program, please fill in the form below. For more information, please contact us at +4 0758 818 158 or [email protected]