- This event has passed.
Open Course – Sales for Entrepeneurs
November 17 @ 2:00 pm - November 19 @ 4:00 pmEUR660
Do you struggle with building or managing your sales function?
Then join the “Sales for Entrepreneurs” Open Course to discover what are the key fundamentals you need to put in place so that your business grows and thrives.
We all think we understand football and politics. And sales. The reason why we think that is because sales results are immediately transparent thereby creating the illusion of simplicity: if the sales quota was achieved/exceeded we have a good sales team; if not, we have a bad team. In this sense a sales team is like a football team, living each month on the trails of the last month’s victory or defeat.
However, investment management teaches us that judging the quality of an investment strategy simply by looking at the results is sub-optimal. Why? Because the world is not deterministic so we’ll always have bad breaks and undeserved successes. In other words, context always plays a role in the final outcome.
So, if we cannot guarantee success, what can we do? Just like in investment, we can increase the odds in our favor by employing a sound decision-making process when we build our sales capabilities.
This class provides you with essential frameworks and insights that will help you build and/or improve your sales organization and generate more predictable revenue.
- Read the 3 case studies that present 3 distinct challenges in building a sales team (to be sent via email to registrants)
- Jot down your personal ideas about each of the challenges presented
- Prepare to engage in group discussions about your approach to the
Day One: Sales Responsibilities From The Client Perspective
1.1 UNDERSTANDING YOUR CLIENT
- Client’s profile
- Client’s job-to-be-done
- Client’s buying process
1.2 HELPING YOUR CLIENT MAKE A DECISION
- Define the sales activities required by the buying process
- Identify the milestones that signal progress towards making a decision
- Document the sales process & responsibilities
1.3 SALES ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generalist vs. specialist sales roles
- Types of specialist sales roles
- Defining sales roles responsibilities
Day Two: Hiring & Onboarding Salespeople
- Key elements of a candidate profile
- Employee value proposition for sales reps
- Sources of recruitment leads
- Candidate assessment scorecard
- Tools for measuring/assessing candidate traits
- Interviewing for performance
- Interviewing for motivation
- The sales playbook
- The process of learning
- Training for empathy
- The onboarding roadmap
Day Three: Managing Sales Performance
3.1 SALES METRICS
- Choosing the right metrics
- Building a reporting cadence
- Building a consequences system
3.2 SALES COACHING
- Skill diagnosis
- Co-creation of coaching plans
- Coaching conversation
3.3 SALES COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Monetary compensation principles
- Non-financial recognition applications
- Promotion tiers
- Entrepreneurs looking to build the sales function of their businesses.
- SME business owners looking to develop the sales function of their businesses.
After this open course you will:
- Have an integrated, well-structured understanding of the key building blocks of a sales system for an entrepreneurial venture.
- Have acquired practical tools to help you build the sales system that fits your market and your company.
- Leave with at least three really good ideas that will increase the odds of success for your next sales effort.
We are all very busy and doing things on fast-forward, but…
…most of the concepts will be introduced and explained in the context of the case study, so reading the case beforehand is essential for your ability to follow the topics covered during this Masterclass.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Mihai Muntean is a McKinsey and Citibank alumni and has served in either commercial leadership or commercial consulting roles for companies in the financial services, pharma, healthcare, industrial design and beauty industries both locally and abroad.
Mihai holds an MBA from Central European University (CEU) and has completed executive programs delivered by the Saïd Business School at Oxford University (UK), by the Institute for Management Development (CH), the Centre for European Development (CEDEP) at INSEAD (FR) and by Management Centre Europe (BE).
In addition to his business credentials, Mihai holds a European MA in Education Sciences with focus on lifelong learning, a love for printed books, a passion for skiing and an emergent curiosity for kitesurfing (which his wife thinks he only faked in order to date her). He is also grateful to be the father of an amazing teenager for whose many qualities he cannot take any credit.
WHEN: 17 – 19 November 2022
Daily Schedule: 14:00-21:00 Thursday and Friday, 09:00 – 16:00 Saturday.
WHERE: BISM Romania HQ, 99 Dacia Blvd, 3rd floor.
TUITION FEE: 660 eur (does not include VAT)
DISCOUNTS: 5% for 2 people, 10% for 3 or more from the same company; 30% for BISM (MsM Romania) students and alumni, 10% NRCC, Romanian Business Leaders and Erudio members.
To enroll in this program, please fill in the form below. For more information, please contact us at +4 0758 818 158 or [email protected]